Monday, February 25, 2013

What would they drive??

This weekend I went to the car show in Salt Lake City. As I viewed all of the diverse, creative, and innovative models I wondered to myself, what would the Art Masters think of our modern day vehicles?? Better yet.. what would they drive? Based on both their creative style and personality, I have paired some of the most famous artist with what I think would be their perfect modern day car. Enjoy!


Marc Chagall: VW Bug




Much like Chagall's work, the VW Bug is whimsical yet timeless. With curves and a childlike tone it is a car for the innovative dreamer.




Pablo Picasso: Nissan Cube


Best known for his "cubism" work, I cannot think of a more suitable car for Pablo Picasso. The Nissan Cube suits the blocky look that made Picasso famous.






Claude Monet: Toyota Prius



Know largely for his love of nature and gardens, I would bet the eco-friendly Prius would be one of Monet's top picks.  






Miro: Jeep Wrangler

        

The Jeep Wrangler is unique and durable car. With lines that are bold and definite it reminds me of Miro's work. I see Miro as the avant-garde type. Always taking the path less traveled by. What better automobile to take on the adventure?







Michelangelo: Cadillac CTS




Cadillac CTS is a fast and bold upgrade of a classic. Much like the work of Michelangelo, I feel the CTS is the perfect balance of timeless tradition and exciting innovation.








Salvador Dali: Audi R8




When I think of Surrealism, Salvador Dali is the first person that comes to mind. To me the Audi R8 is wild, fast, and beautifully surreal. The perfect fit for Dali if you ask me.



-Megan Ann Hansen



No comments:

Post a Comment