Wednesday, May 16, 2012

They Said it Best: Quotes From Influential Artists


In life it is important to take time for reflection. Wether it be on your own thoughts or on the ideas of others. Here are quotes by  some of my favorite artist that I find powerful, intriguing, and inspiring.




 I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way - things I had no words for.
-Georgia O'Keeffe



All children are artists. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up.
                                                                    -Pablo Picasso


Art is the lie that enables us to realize the truth.

-Pablo Picasso





If I create from the heart, nearly everything works; if from the head, almost nothing.
                                                                   -Marc Chagall


Everyone discusses my art and pretends to understand, as if it were necessary to understand, when it is simply necessary to love.
                                                                     -Claude Monet




There is only one valuable thing in art: the thing you cannot explain.
                                                                  -Georges Brauqe





Faith in oneself is the best and safest course.
-Michelangelo



Art is never finished, only abandoned.
                                                                     -Leonardo da Vinci




By: Megan A. Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment